Rest Day in Tuk Tuk: Waiting out Idul Fitri - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

October 23, 2006

Rest Day in Tuk Tuk: Waiting out Idul Fitri

We go to Samosir Cottages for breakfast. Soft background music means they must have a generator, the electricity went out after last night thunderstorm. One tune is "Old Rugged Cross". After a month and a half of hearing Mosques "Call to Prayer", we are now in a Protestant area of Sumatra.

Our goal while here on Samosir Island is to cycle and regain strength. We start out for a day ride not getting very far before Rachel has to turn around making it to the bathroom just in time and then sleeps. Patrick comes back to the room around noontime. He cycled all the way to Simanido. We have lunch, Rachel is feeling better, we start out again in the afternoon. We cycle around the little peninsula of Tuk Tuk that is part of Samosir Island that is on an island of Sumatra that is an island in the ocean.

The afternoon goes much better, we pass restaurants "BBQ" of lake fish, babi (pork) and ayam (chicken) and it smells good. We go back to Franky's for dinner and have babi, ayam, mei gorang, white rice and a beer. Turns out the owner of this restaurant is the brother to the owner of out hotel.

Ferry Boat Landing
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Patrick is negotiating the price for this carved stick
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Traditional houses. Rachel thinks they look like the back of ship.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Look like miniature Easter Island statues
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0