Rest Day in Jakarta: finding a ferry ticket to Sumatra - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

October 7, 2006

Rest Day in Jakarta: finding a ferry ticket to Sumatra

Our first order of business yesterday after checking in was finding the Pelni ticket office. We were successful in buying first class tickets to Padang Sumatra, leaving next Thursday on the 12th. So we will have a week of recovery time.

Last night for dinner we also found Flanagan's Irish Pub, Patrick had a stew and Rachel fish and chips. Patrick ate better than Rachel, we did have an expensive Guinness Beer. Interesting how what is still cheap compared to American prices, one starts to see as expensive because good Indonesian meals could be had for $3-4. For now though we just need to jump start our appetites.

Today we have breakfast in our hotel cafe: toast and tea and coffee are included in the price of the room. We find a Starbuck's later. At lunch we have soup and fruit salad. We go back to the room, rest, watch TV, read and a routine is starting to be established.

And all of our activity centers around food.

Beer always helps with recovery.
Heart 1 Comment 0
and Starbucks coffee
Heart 0 Comment 0
View of Jakarta from Hotel window. And a sign that lists everything we need.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0