Our Ride - bicicletas plegables - Mini tour to Baca, Yucatan on our new folding bikes - CycleBlaze

Our Ride - bicicletas plegables

We love Mexican food - panuchos, salbutes, mole, albondigas, tacos etc, etc.  But the downside to that is, if you aren't burning off all those extra calories you consume, you are going to find that your shorts start to feel like they were left in the dryer for far too long on too high a heat.  We needed to get active and we really missed biking.

Panuchos and Salbutes
Heart 2 Comment 0

When I found myself thinking I can't ride a bike here, I told myself, "If all those other people can do it, why can't you."  So cliché but so very true.  First step: Buy a bike. So off to the local bike stores to check out the different makes and models.

At this point, I was still thinking if we could just throw the bikes into the back of the car and drive out into the country to cycle on quiet roads, then I'm game.  So we would need folders to fit in the car - which we were familiar with anyways.  We visited a couple of different places, settling on folding Benotto bikes.

Heart 2 Comment 0

Overall we are pretty pleased with them especially considering the cost.  The only negative are the tires - they are garbage and with all the glass around, they just won't do.

Heart 0 Comment 0

Although we didn't need  too much gear, we thought it might be prudent to buy a couple of dry bags on the off chance it might rain along with some nifty rain capes. We also purchased some tubes, tools, lights and handlebar bags at the Decathalon store in Merida.  We were set!

Video about the bikes 

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0