Day 11: Tuesday 27 June 2023 Montélimar to Avignon - Brighton to Barcelona by bike - CycleBlaze

June 27, 2023

Day 11: Tuesday 27 June 2023 Montélimar to Avignon

Heart 0 Comment 0

route planned 102km https://ridewithgps.com/routes/42604314

Actually, managed to have quite a good night sleep! More or less slept from 11 pm till 5:45. The breakfast officially starts at 6:30 am, and the woman did seem quite surprised to have 30 people waiting at the door!

Another warm, sunny day, strong wind from the north from the get go. Another beautiful ride along the river interspersed with very quiet, country, lanes and beautiful views of fields of lavender, sunflower plants, and various fruit and veg.

We made good progress for the first 30 KM and stopped for a snack and a drink. It was them full steam ahead for the 71km point where we stopped for a proper sit down meal, with a classically, slow French service, but we have plenty of time due to the strong tailwind, pushing us along fast.

As usual, the last 15 or 20 km drag somewhat, and we were cycling through the not very appealing suburbs of Avignon. We stopped at a large DIY store to buy Dave some glue for his sandals and still managed to get here by 4 having covered 104 km. The hotel is a very dated, but extremely comfortable and friendly hotel right in the centre of Avignon. It has a lovely roof terrace on first floor.

Heading out for dinner and a quick wander round the old town.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 104 km (65 miles)
Total: 919 km (571 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0