Oops - Riding Slowly South - CycleBlaze

April 10, 2021 to April 29, 2021

Oops

Watch out for potholes

The wedding is over, the happy couple wed in a light rain shower, were farewelled in a shower of sparklers, and all the guests went home. Covid behaved itself: those from interstate could travel freely and the trans-tasman bubble opened just in time for guests from across the ditch to avoid a costly quarantine on their return to New Zealand.

Our sightseeing trip home through NSW became 'flexible'. Several weeks ago a large weather event affected the NSW coast and the effect was still evident in the form of landslides, closed roads, and flood damage. We took a lot of detours.

I want to come back here with a bicycle.
Heart 6 Comment 1
Deleted AccountI can understand that Catherine - beautiful country. Looking forward to following along with you
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Road tunnel hand-hewn in the 1890s complete with (so I'm told) 1890s graffiti on the roof.
Heart 4 Comment 0
The road was so rough that we chose to bush camp beside the river rather than continue in the dark. This resulted in a peaceful camp beside gurgling water, with bellbirds tinkling in forest that is still regenerating after the fires of December 2019.
Heart 5 Comment 0
It's hard to see potholes in lengthening afternoon shadows. This was one pothole too many: thankfully we were near civilisation and not out in the boondocks at the time.
Heart 0 Comment 0

After tyre and rim replacement/repair we are due to pick up our bikes tomorrow and start some (albeit car-supported) riding.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 0