Day five Yarrawonga to Cobram - Australia's Great River - CycleBlaze

May 11, 2018

Day five Yarrawonga to Cobram

Friday 11 May 2018

Yarrawonga to Cobram.

36.64 km Start 9.30am. Finish 1.15pm.

It had rained the previous day and during the night and when we got up we could see a band of heavy rain approaching on the weather radar so we sat tight until it passed and there was a brief burst of sunshine but it was still cold so we put on all our warm clothing including our rain coats. This was a smart move because we had barely cleared town when a steady rain commenced and lasted for about an hour.

Mary wrapped up against the drizzle and cooler day
Heart 2 Comment 0
Passing Fyffe Field Wines, Murray Valley Highway, Yarrawonga
Heart 0 Comment 0

Eventually we arrived in Cobram at our destination for the day the RACV resort which has about 200 accommodation units and caravan pads. It is spread out over a large area with large spaces between each group of units. Our cabin was very new and the best appointed that we encountered on our ride.

Our cabin RACV Cobram
Heart 0 Comment 0

It was still raining on and off and the reception staff offered to rent us an electric motor car to go into town to do our shopping. The vehicle was   a Nissan and the shift lever had three positions Forward, Reverse and Park. There was no engine noise discernable inside the car. We bought a roast chicken and a large box of potato salad for dinner. We called in to the Information Centre and were assisted by Jennie who offered to book our accommodation for us at the Caravan Park in Nurmurkah, our next destination. Mary carved all the meat off the chicken that we had not eaten and we were able to snack on this on our ride the next day.

Inside our cabin. Notice the dishwasher!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 37 km (23 miles)
Total: 164 km (102 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0