Preamble - Australia's Great River - CycleBlaze

Preamble

We are unable to ride any of Europe's great rivers such as The Rhine, The Danube or the Rhone this year so we have to make do with our own back yard. The Murray starts in the High Country between the States of New South Wales and Victoria and forms the border of those States until it reaches South Australia.

We are going to ride a short segment between Albury in New South Wales and Swan Hill in Victoria.

Interesting fact: The actual border is the Victorian riverbank so the whole river is in New South Wales. 

The only thing I miss from CrazyGuy is the mapping utility although Frankie has given me a link to a similar one but unfortunately it is in German which I find hard to understand so we are using Open Cycling Maps which do not give an altitude profile but do provide a cue sheet.

We each have a Nikon A300 point and shoot camera  so we can share a charger saving a few grams however Mary's has just carked it with an internal fault that discharges the battery when not in use so we have just bought a replacement. We will be using the Nikon Snapbridge App to transfer pictures from our phones to the Samsung tablet so hopefully we will be able to post pictures as we go.

We have now obtained our free train tickets (for details of the scheme see one of our previous journals) and we catch the train to Albury at 12.05 on Monday 7 May.

Now to finalise those maps and cue sheets and do some packing.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0