The Bikes - From the North Sea to the Adriatic - CycleBlaze

The Bikes

Our bikes are relatively inexpensive Mountain Bikes with front suspension only, Their make is Turbo. We have added mudguards, back pannier racks. a bell, a stand and I have replaced my saddle with a female specific saddle - it was expensive but is very, very comfortable. For our trip this year we have put on new tyres , these are intermediates which should be much better for travelling on roads than our knobbly ones of last year. It is of note that the only bike problem last year in the 2500km we travelled was one puncture. The weight of each bike is 18kg. We are extremely grateful to Trevor at Counties Cycles in Pukekohe who has set up the bikes for us and given them a thorough service for their new adventure - he even gave us his moble phone number to ring if we were having difficulties putting everything together at the other end (it would have been about 3am in NZ when we were doing it) We fly Emirates and as Silver Skywards members are allowed 10kg extra baggage allowance, This gives us 40kg each in economy which with 18kg bikes and 15kg of gear gives us plenty of weight allowance.

They are certainly not fancy bikes
Heart 1 Comment 0
Trevor and Ken give the bikes a final check before they are packed up
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0