Urban Riding Take Two - Excellent Explorations on the Edge of the World - CycleBlaze

November 7, 2021

Urban Riding Take Two

Trying Again

Today we paid a bit more attention to who had which keys for what bicycle lock, and then I headed into town again on the OHG.

This time I paid more attention to the beautiful old homes along the way.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Some more beautiful...
Heart 2 Comment 0
...than others.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Everything went to plan this time around. Roger and his bicycle arrived on cue via train, and we started heading back to the beach along the Torrens Linear Pathway.

Behind the brewery was an oasis with different settings: a red brewery truck; a waterwheel; perfectly groomed bushes. A sign informed us that the brewery puts on a sound and light show here 'at times', which was not helpful in knowing when to come back to see one.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Most of the 13ish km from the city to the beach at Henley was like this: green grass and water on the left, and suburbia stretching often unseen beyond the trees on the right. It was a lovely ride and the trees sheltered us from an increasingly strong head wind.
Heart 0 Comment 0

The path was surprisingly busy and I was frequently overtaken by people on electric scooters, scateboards, and bicycles. So much so that I began to get quite excited if I saw anyone using good old fashioned muscle power to propel themselves! Eventually, ecrowds notwithstanding, we met the sea at the river mouth and turned north to head home along the foreshore. This turned the headwind into a tail/cross wind, which was much appreciated as we pedaled up what is becoming a very familiar stretch of foreshore and then across to Port Adelaide and home again.

Heart 0 Comment 0

I'm happy. My loop is closed.

Today's ride: 45 km (28 miles)
Total: 228 km (142 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0