Off to Geneva - Six weeks in Europe - CycleBlaze

June 19, 2023

Off to Geneva

Switzerland is expensive

Before we left Annecy for Geneva we did a 40km ride out next back along our side of the lake.  We decided to do this in the essence of time and the traffic was heavy on the roads in the morning.  Once we were all packed up we headed to Geneva for 24 hrs.  Our first stop was sorting out our train tickets to Zurich.  We had an amazingly helpful young woman at the station who manipulated the system to save us $50.  This is a good thing because this city is EXPENSIVE, more later.

We walked around town which is a mix of old and new but really it is just another big modern city.  We walked up a church tower to get a view of the city below before we stopped for a drink along one of the canals leaving the lake.  Imagine I got Patti into a church.

We are right across from the train station so it will be an easy trek to the station tomorrow followed by a 3 hour train ride.  We meet up with the BAC group tomorrow evening.

Lake Geneva with a water taxi.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A wall of Swiss Army knives.
Heart 0 Comment 0
More in the Victorinox store
Heart 0 Comment 0
A new version with a USB port for USB-B and USB-C.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Some of the old town
Heart 0 Comment 0
A view of the city from the church tower
Heart 1 Comment 0
Another angle
Heart 0 Comment 0
The bell tower in the church
Heart 0 Comment 0
This is the tower we climbed. Patti’s grimace is because I took her into a church.
Heart 1 Comment 0
There are many fountains in the city with potable water.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Death by chocolate
Heart 2 Comment 0
Chocolate in a St Bernard tin, how Swiss.
Heart 1 Comment 0
An old clock tower attached to the Bank of China, hmm.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Enjoying a cocktail along a canal. Just so you get a sense of how expensive it is here Patti had an Aperol Spritz and I had a beer for 32 CHF or $49 Cdn. Our dinners of a burger, lasagna and 3 glasses of wine was 65CHF or $96 Cdn.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 40 km (25 miles)
Total: 1,519 km (943 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0