Off to Zurich - Six weeks in Europe - CycleBlaze

June 20, 2023

Off to Zurich

We set off by train about noon for the Zurich airport and our airport HIE hotel to meet up with the BAC tour.  The train trip was uneventful and as you would expect in Switzerland precisely on time.  We discovered that Swiss trains are way more cycle friendly than French trains.  Once at the airport we took the shuttle to the hotel and met up with the group.  Today was all about instructions, meet and greet etc.  

Down by the waterfront with the fountain almost coming out of my head.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A tourist boat heading out of the harbour onto Lake Geneva for a tour.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We were limited in time so our cruise consisted of a water taxi across the harbour.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Hilary JaegerWe’ll, Patti looks much happier on the boat than outside the church!
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
The fountain from the boat.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The water taxi that we took returning to the other side.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A view of the city from the harbour. The cathedral in the distance has the tower that we climbed up yesterday.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Schlepping my bike box and luggage to the train. This is probably the last time that I am doing this on and overseas trip that has multiple locations. It is going into the “too hard to do pile”.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Yvonne McLeanI'm with you there....renting a bike if I go to Europe again. Walked 6.9 km in one airport!!
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0