Blois rest day - The Fab 3 in France 2023 - CycleBlaze

June 4, 2023

Blois rest day

It's mothers day in France today or so we found out at the Boulangerie. All the tarts were heart shaped or with heart decorations on top. When we arrived they were busy putting them in boxes waiting for the people who had ordered them. Luckily our Mother of the day did not walk down to the boulangerie with us so we were able to select a couple of heart shaped tarts and have them boxed to take back to her.

Surprise! Happy mothers day.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Look at all the love in that sugar goodness.
Heart 0 Comment 0

As it was mothers day we gave the mother the day off to rest while Maddie and I walked into town to visit the royal castle. As we walked through the streets of old town there were marshals on the corners and roads blocked off with tape. The corners had small crowds building and on finding someone who spoke English they explained that the kids were about to do a mothers day race from the lower town up to the castle court yard. As soon as all the kids passed the crowd moved to the steps to the castle and of course we joined in to see the finish at the top.

Kids running race for mothers day.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Our timing at the castle court yard was perfect as we not only got to see the excited runners finish and get their oranges but we also got to see the dragons appear from the house of magic.

Dragons coming out of the house of magic.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Maddie very exited to see another castle.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The classical Gaston, Duke of Orléans wing
Heart 0 Comment 0
the Louis XII Gothic wing (1498–1500)
Heart 0 Comment 0
the François I Renaissance wing (1515–1518).
Heart 0 Comment 0
Francois I celebrated corkscrew staircase.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Maddie assured me this made me look just like the gargoyle especially the finger ears.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Maddie has decided she needs one of these staircases as by moving toward the center or the outside you can adjust the stairs to suit a small or larger stride.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Oratory
Heart 0 Comment 0
Princess Madelynn on her throne.
Heart 0 Comment 0
King Carl.
Heart 0 Comment 0
View over Blois from the balcony.
Heart 0 Comment 0

After our tour of the castle we rang Kathy to see if she wanted to meet for lunch. Given it was Sunday and Mothers day our choices were limited and we decided to try for something with vegetables, Thai street food. Having lived in Sydney for a long time, a place where every street corner has a Thai restaurant I thought the food was nothing like what I knew as Thai food but it was tasty and did have vegetables.

We walked the streets for a while but everything was closed so decided to head back to our B&B and take it easy for the afternoon. At some point someone thought that watching the movie Book Club 2 would be fun. It was not.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0