To Paris - The Fab 3 in France 2023 - CycleBlaze

June 15, 2023

To Paris

This morning we got up and put Limpet back into her travel case. It was a sad moment for Madelynn as Limpet went from a bike to a black box. 

A complete Limpet.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A sad Madelynn because Limpet is all packed up.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Our original plan was for Kathy and I to catch the train back to Paris but after seeing the size of the car it was accepted as a challenge worth trying to get us all in. With some Tetris like maneuvering we managed to fit a boxed Limpet, an extra long tandem, luggage for 4 people and the people themselves into our hybrid MG.

Our car packed to the roof with Limpet, Dorthy in pieces and luggage for 4 people. We even still had room to sit for the ride to Paris.
Heart 1 Comment 0

As we had some spare time before we could unload the car in Paris and return it we took a slight detour back to Bouzy for one last visit to the Boulangerie and stock up on some more calories.

One last visit to the boulangerie in Bouzy.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We arrived in Paris and after some laps of the block we eventually pulled up on the sidewalk to unload all our stuff into the courtyard of the B&B before Maddie and Ryan return the car.

As the heat of the day receded we headed out for and orientation walk of Paris. We started near the Bastille and walked passed Notre Dame, Louvre, Tuileries, Place de la concord, along the Avenue Des Champs-Elysees and finished by climbing the Arc De Troimphe. I gave everyone the option of walking the 4 miles back but they decided to try the metro instead. 

Our first afternoon in Paris is done and our bike tour is truly over. Kathy and I will put Dorthy back together for one last ride along the EV3 and over to CDG airport but from here it will be tours, museums and galleries. I will post a multiple day page with a summary of our time in Paris but this will be the last daily update. Hope you have enjoyed the ride as much as we have. Its been everything we hoped for to celebrate my 60th birthday year.

We are in Paris.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Tricia GrahamYou certainly have had a wonderful trip Your time around Epernay has given me another idea Thinking now that will continue across Northern France to Reims and make our way down to Moret using a roughly similar route that you used coming from Fontanbleau and hence avoiding Paris
Enjoy your time explaining Paris
Reply to this comment
10 months ago