Day 17: Valence: Time for a tent - From Munich to the Mediterranean and More - CycleBlaze

July 15, 2006

Day 17: Valence: Time for a tent

It's time to take a day off and think things over. The closer we get to the Mediterranean, the more likely the hotels will be booked out. Not to mention Avignon, Orange, Arles - also very popular in the summer. Maybe we should consider a tent after all? But we like to travel light and the idea of sitting on the ground at the end of the day isn't that appealing, especially since Janos had a total knee replacement 8 months ago and doesn't have full mobility. Unfortunately, most European campgrounds don't have the nice picnic tables and benches you find in the USA. We would have to do some adjusting.

Sometimes once you get an idea, it's hard to get rid of it. I hear this voice saying, I dare you old fogies to do it. Hard to resist.

We find a small sporting goods store in Valence, it's so small that I'm sure we won't find the super light tent, sleeping bags and thermarest mattresses that we are looking for. It turns out the place has everything. We can't resist - in less than a half an hour we have a light tent, light sleeping bags and thermarest mattresses. We're as excited as two kids on Christmas morning.

One more night in the hotel and tomorrow we will be put to the test.

Valence
Heart 0 Comment 0
Valence
Heart 1 Comment 0
Valence
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0