Villa Lago Rivadavia - The thirteenth step ... Six months in South America - CycleBlaze

November 26, 2022

Villa Lago Rivadavia

We had another late start.  We stopped outside the village in the hope of getting a Claro signal but eventually gave up when all we could get was an edge connection.

Jorge and Mariela's casa de ciclistas.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Something to do with old frames.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Instead of taking the most direct route to Parque los Acerces, we made a detour into the town of Cholila.  First stop was the local service station where we abused their WiFi for half an hour or so before stocking up on some groceries.

A few kilometers out of town the asfalto gave way to ripio. A taste of things to come.  We took it easy, taking time to do some birding along a nice stretch of water. We managed to find a shady spot next to the road where we could enjoy lunch away from the dust.

Our lunch stop.
Heart 4 Comment 0

We are staying at a campground just outside the village of Villa Lago Rivadavia.  We persuaded them to fire up the caldera so that we could have swarm shower and after setting up camp i headed into the village to buy some meat for supper.

We shared our campsite with various dogs, cats and horses.
Heart 4 Comment 0

We've had a restful day in general.  We will probably split the the hundred kilometers from here to Trevelin into three days.  Some of it will be hard going.

It has been quite warm, unexpectedly so and I am sure this weather is unusual as it is still November.  It is eight o'clock in the evening and we are still in short trousers and slip slops.  

Today's ride: 27 km (17 miles)
Total: 3,970 km (2,465 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0