Puerto Iguazú - The thirteenth step ... Six months in South America - CycleBlaze

August 31, 2022 to September 1, 2022

Puerto Iguazú

We did a bit more birding in the hostel grounds before setting off for Argentina just after eleven o'clock. A kilometer down the road I stopped to adjust my brakes and discovered that the key to our room was still in my pocket.  It could have been a lot worse if I had decided to lay off adjusting the brakes until we reached out destination for the day.  

The ride itself was much the same as three days before which is to say short, hilly and a lot of traffic.  The road to the falls is jam packed with tourist attractions of the type that I struggle to relate to and they all seem to be doing brisk business even though the holiday season in the area has come to an end.

The border crossing was swift and trouble free on both sides and despite taking a wrong turn and adding a few kays to our journey we arrived at our digs rather early.  It's a few kilometers south of the town on the way to the Argentinian side of the falls and so accessing an ATM and a supermarket would mean a hilly ride back into town.  Fortunately the parents of the you couple who run the hostel have a mini mercado a hundred metres away where I could change my Real into Pesos and stock up on groceries.

The next morning we caught a bus to the Argentinian side of the falls.  As they say in Thailand "same-same but different".  On the Brazilian side one has mostly distant panoramic views of the falls but here we were mostly directly above them thanks to a network of walkways access to which is provided by a small train.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 6 Comment 0
Plush-crested Jays were trash birds along the walkways.
Heart 3 Comment 0

This is the end of the touristic start to this trip. Tomorrow we plan to head to Cuidad del Este in Paraguay, another short ride but we need to find a bicycle shop because Leigh isn't happy with the cycling shorts she has brought with her and my bicycle computer seems to have given up the ghost.  

Today's ride: 19 km (12 miles)
Total: 34 km (21 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 8
Comment on this entry Comment 0