Monte Cristo - The thirteenth step ... Six months in South America - CycleBlaze

October 5, 2022

Monte Cristo

The first and most important thing we did this morning was to arrange accommodation in Cordoba.   Thanks to AirBnB  we have an almost affordable place reasonably close for the center of town.

Then it was a bit of a slog, first to Rio Primero where we topped up the meager hotel breakfast with some bread and ham, and then some reasonably had work on mostly unsealed service roads alongside the busy national route nineteen to get us to Monte Cristo.

We have a nice hotel room for the night but we are going to have to start doing more wild camping to bring the budget back on track.  Most of the formal campsites we have passed so far look as if they are best avoided. I have this perverse yearning to preserve our record of never paying for camping in Argentina but  I'm not sure if that will be possible. 

No photos today.  Neither Leigh nor I could find anything worth photographing, which says a lot about the route we are taking to get to Cordoba.

Embarrassing edit!

A number of pictures were taken of the service roads, including one of the storm that chased but never caught us.  We had thunder booming in the distance for much of the ride but only a few drops fell.  Soon after checking in the rain chucked down for a few hours.

The storm threatened but never bothered us.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 67 km (42 miles)
Total: 1,781 km (1,106 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0