Chajan Wildcamp - The thirteenth step ... Six months in South America - CycleBlaze

October 15, 2022

Chajan Wildcamp

A flat route and a tailwind after two days rest made for an easy ride today.  We're following Pablo's friend's advice and heading down the RN8 to Villa Mercedes and then taking the RN148 through La Pampa province towards Patagonia. It's not going to be particularly interesting riding for the next two weeks until we get to Vienticinco de Mayo but it can't  be avoided.

Typical view for most of the day.
Heart 0 Comment 0

There  were two options for accommodation on today's  route.  The first was in the town of Sampacho but this was barely forty eight kilometers into an easy ride so we gave it a miss.  While enjoying an early lunch of choripan just outside Sampacho I Whatsapp'd the only hotel in the next town but didn't get an immediate reply.  At a drinks stop half an hour later I got a message back saying they had no rooms available.   We weren't going to turn back so we pushed with the hope that we would find a place to camp.

Charan is a tiny little village but it does have a service station with a restaurant,  toilets and showers.  They said that we  could camp there for the night and showers would cost one fifty pesos a person.  Almost certainly better value for money than what might have been a crappy, overpriced hotel room.

The El Chero service station outside Chajan. We're going to set up the tent underneath the trees to the right.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 82 km (51 miles)
Total: 2,156 km (1,339 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0