Rain Delay - 12X26 - CycleBlaze

August 27, 2021

Rain Delay

So grateful the  rain stopped after 1 1/2 days.  The rain was certainly welcomed locally but it played havoc with getting in a ride.  Today's ride began around 4:30 pm in Fergus Falls, northern trailhead of the Central Lakes State Trail, and ended in Evansville, MN.

When it rains it important to find some alternative activities.  To that end, we visited Big Ole and then purchased a retro bike for the balance of the trip.

Big Ole with Central Lakes Trail immediately behind.
Heart 3 Comment 0
No place to mount water bottles.
Heart 1 Comment 0

The lakes are a constant presence but perhaps MN could amend it's nickname to the land of 100,000,000 ears of corn.  As far as the eye can see.

Miles and miles of corn awaiting harvest soon.
Heart 0 Comment 0

The rain and wind had been quite heavy and the trail had some debris that was generally easily negotiated with one exception.

While mild in many ways, this down tree reminded me briefly of a landslide I needed to negotiate on the Great Allegheny Passage in 2018.
Heart 0 Comment 0

The clouds were a reminder of a storm recently passed.

So glad the storm has passed.
Heart 1 Comment 0

I always smile when I see these signs...a clear reminder snowmobilers use these trails.

Perhaps when I was younger...maybe not even then.
Heart 0 Comment 0

After this delayed ride we headed to a local pub.  We were so impressed we will likely be return customer tomorrow evening.

The weather forecast is two thumbs up.  Will continue working my way south and transitioning to the Lake Wobegon Trail...I'm not making this up.  Reminds me of the evening I saw Prairie Home Companion live at the World Theater in Saint Paul in the late 70's.  

Today's ride: 25 miles (40 km)
Total: 811 miles (1,305 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0