What are you up to off-season? (page 4) - CycleBlaze

Bicycle Travel Forum

What are you up to off-season? (page 4)

John PescatoreTo Brent Irvine

Yes, that has already proven to be the case! For Christmas I've bought them a Burley kid trail, I used to pull my daughter around in a Winchester. 

They now live right off the Washington and Old Dominion Rail Trail - in the spring I hope to combine Force 1 and Force 2 a bit!

>> Brent Irvine:  I'm thinking force #1 might win out more than you think!

Reply    Link    Flag
4 months ago
Rachel and Patrick HugensTo Keith Adams

Hi Keith, If you look at Patrick's bike on the right, you'll see how he has the support for the bag on a padded frame. 

Reply    Link    Flag
4 months ago
Keith AdamsTo Rachel and Patrick Hugens

That's probably necessary if he's carrying two full size cameras with glass lenses, especially if one is a big heavy telephoto or zoom lens.

My camera's much smaller and lighter  than two SLRs would be (though it's far from "svelte") so the stock handlebar mounting clams from Arkel are up to the task without additional assistance.

Does that bag affect steering and handling to the point where it's a potential liability, or has it been there so long that it's no longer a conscious act to adjust to it?

Reply    Link    Flag
4 months ago
Scott AndersonTo Brent Irvine

Off-season?  People take an off-season?

Reply    Link    Flag
4 months ago
Keith AdamsTo Scott Anderson

Yep.  Many of us have not yet committed fully (or even partially) to the cycling vagabond lifestyle.  For those of us, like me, who prefer smaller, more bounded adventures, there are still the pleasures of hearth and home.  At this time of year, hearth is an especially important pleasure.

Reply    Link    Flag
4 months ago