Fixing flat tires. (page 3) - CycleBlaze

Bicycle Travel Forum

Fixing flat tires. (page 3)

Bob DistelbergTo Karen Cook

Karen, seems like frequently switching back and forth between tubes and tubeless depending on the tour you're doing would be kind of a pain, or at least not as trivial as just swapping a set of tires with tubes. I guess the whole setup process is one of the things that's sort of making me hesitate. I'm sure I would have my local bike shop do the initial setup, but would want to do it myself eventually. And that would seem to involve getting a compressor, or at least a pump with an air reservoir. Sounds like getting the tire to seat for the first time can be a frustrating challenge, at least if all the YouTube videos I watch can be believed. 

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Karen CookTo Bob Distelberg

Hello,

I agree that I am not quite ready for tubeless, and definitely not for general touring.  But perhaps down the line if I am doing some rides in the desert areas?  Perhaps I can have an extra tubeless wheel set......?

Thanks for all the advice.

Karen

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Karen CookTo Graham Smith

You didn't ask but I know you wanted to see a picture of my new bike.  Right!?

;-)

After my first ride. Isn't mud what this bike is for? ;-)
Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Kathleen JonesTo Karen Cook

Ooooh. Pretty. It looks good on you.

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Karen CookTo Kathleen Jones

Thanks! :-)

Its fun to think of places to ride it.  Dirt roads and trails open up a whole new world of touring routes and opportunities.

Karen

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Bob DistelbergTo Karen Cook

Oh, very nice. With the exception of flat bars vs drops, it looks so much like my Fargo. 

You're going to have a lot of fun with that bike. And yes, mud is what it's made for. 

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Mike AylingTo Karen Cook

Very nice bike Karen!

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Karen CookTo Bob Distelberg

Thanks.  I am trying the stock parts for now (including the flat bars).  I can always swap things out later.   I like the disc brakes.  Never had those before.

Karen

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Karen CookTo Mike Ayling

Thanks! :-)

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Keith AdamsTo Kelly Iniguez

For many years I have had all the necessary tools and materials for fixing flats attached to each bike I own.  My tour experience last summer tells you why.

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago