Change post order - CycleBlaze

Bicycle Travel Forum

Change post order

Kathleen Classen

I really am out of practice. I like our journals to read like a book and have somehow started the journal with the most recent post first, not last. Anyone know how to change this?  Clicking change order isn’t working and I can’t find anything in settings. 

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Steve Miller/GrampiesTo Kathleen Classen

Steve is writing to you right now to explain how to change the order of the pages. Also, ignore my comment whining about the "wrong order."   Dodie 

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago

This is how it goes on my Windows computer anyway: After you click "Change Order" you need to grab the three bars that appear beside each page, and drag the page to the correct position. Then save changes.

I don't think you can wholesale change to "book" format, but you have now only two entries, so no problem.

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Kathleen ClassenTo Steve Miller/Grampies

Thanks guys. I kept tapping those three lines. Didn’t think to drag. Worked well. I may have to do it every post. I must have set it up backwards at the start. 

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago

Glad it helped.  Let us hope that it will now see the error of its ways and go in in the correct order from now on.  Dodie

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
George HallTo Kathleen Classen

You've gotten good help already, I'll just add this;  when you create a new entry you have the option to have it appear at the beginning or at the end of your journal - watch for this and make sure it is set how you want it.  BTW, I had trouble changing the order of things too, until I finally discovered you have to grab those little bars on the right to move things.  Best of luck,

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Keith AdamsTo Kathleen Classen

Don't forget to hit Save Changes after you have got things where you want them, or they go back where they were.

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Kathleen ClassenTo Keith Adams

Thank you to both you and George. I finally have it working well!   we really are out of practice at this and having this help in the forum has made it ever so much easier. 

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Keith AdamsTo Kathleen Classen

Of course!

It also seems to work much better when you're using a mouse, as for instance on a desktop or laptop computer, than when using your index finger on a touchpad or mobile device screen.  I was intensely frustrated several times this summer when I'd try to move a new post into the proper spot, only to have it "bounce back" to the top of the list when I let go of it.  I never have that problem when dragging using the mouse.

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago