Cross-Training (page 2) - CycleBlaze

Bicycle Travel Forum

Cross-Training (page 2)

Gregory GarceauTo Bill Stone

Bill, considering some of the places you go, that should definitely meet your cross- training requirements.

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Jacquie GaudetTo Gregory Garceau

Al and I go skate-skiing in the winter (and downhill skiing too) and hope to return to working with a strength and conditioning trainer this fall now that we are sort-of settled into our new home.  Swimming is another regular activity but we haven't been since early March.  (I'll note that we do all these things separately because he's much stronger and faster than me at any of them.)

We also have a different bit to add to the regime:  our new home is a 5-level townhouse (5 levels if we include the roof deck) with high ceilings.  So lots of stairs are now part of our everyday activities.

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Gregory GarceauTo Jacquie Gaudet

Thanks Jacquie, you reminded me that I forgot to mention my wintertime cross-training.  That would primarily involve show shoveling.  I'm one of the only people in my neighborhood who doesn't use a snowblower.  Here in Minnesota, I get plenty of motion and weightlifting exercise with that activity.

Stair training is an excellent source of physical conditioning.  After a couple more months in your new condo, you and Al are going to have superhuman thighs and powerful hearts & lungs.   

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago