Wildlife You have Seen on Tour (page 3)

Mark BinghamTo Henry Dalton
Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Mark BinghamTo Brent Irvine
Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Mark BinghamTo Mark Bingham

These guys are amazing. They seem prehistoric. I stopped for a snack on the side of the road while I was in Bastrop, Texas, and he just waddled right up next to me looking for food. Interesting factoid:  they can carry and transmit Hansen's disease, which is what we used to call leprosy.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Kelly IniguezTo Brent Irvine

Recently, while touring in Tucson, AZ, I've seen a bobcat and several coyotes, right in the city. 

Most of our touring is done in the mountain west. I've seen what I think was a lynx, between Lake City and Gunnison, CO. It was a big cat, no tail. The most distinctive thing I remember as he strolled across the road, was his thick, compact body. From spine to belly, there was a lot of long, tan fur.

Jacinto saw a cougar in the same area. It was running up the hillside. We've both seen bear, but infrequently enough that each event was still notable. My most memorable bear sighting was with good buddy Spoon. 

I had an excellent fox sighting this fall. He ran across the road right in front of me while holding a bird (chicken?) in his mouth. The bird was so big, the fox was running with his head canted sideways. He was SO close to me, with the wind ruffling his long fur. Seeing a fox isn't a big deal - but this time it was.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Kelly IniguezTo Kelly Iniguez

I remembered another, recent viewing while at home. A hawk had a rabbit that must have been to heavy to carry away. He had it laid out and eviscerated on top of a sagebrush. The hawk flew away. I could have taken a photo of the rabbit, but it was a bit grisly for my photographing tastes . . . 

that's the kind of thing that you only see by bicycle - in a car, you would be past too quickly.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago