Journal Comments - Tour displacement therapy - CycleBlaze

From Tour displacement therapy by Jon Ayling

Jon Ayling replied to a comment by Scott Anderson on a photo in Pete Bog Horror: The Scenic Route

Yogi Berra! This always makes me think of a similar quote which I seem to be using a lot at the moment, from Woody Guthrie: "Take it easy ... but take it!"

Scott Anderson commented on a photo in Pete Bog Horror: The Scenic Route

When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

Jon Ayling commented on Pete Bog Horror: The Scenic Route

Cheers Mike!
Ah, so in this case it's not - I'd like to say it's principal, but the truth is I've just never gotten around to getting a smartphone! So these photos are all from a little dedicated compact camera (a Sony DSC-WX350) - it's fairly basic but seems to have improved the results, especially considering my lack of photographic skill.

Of course this means if it does stop photographing it's not much use for anything else. So rather relieved it mysteriously "recovered"!

Mike Ayling commented on Pete Bog Horror: The Scenic Route

Hi Jon
Great pics as usual.
BTW is that dodgy camera one of those that can also make phone calls and find satelites for the Ride With GPS app?

Mike

Jon Ayling replied to a comment by Kathleen Jones on Really Ely

Thanks Kathleen, glad it's enjoyable! Yep, the fens are a really strange landscape, quite atypical really, and are certainly the lowest elevation in the country. If the pumps (now electric, but originally these were all wind powered and set up by Dutch engineers) are ever turned off, the whole area would eventually slowly flood again.

Jon Ayling replied to a comment by Kathleen Jones on a photo in Really Ely

Ah, thanks, yep could be. I wasn't sure if it was injured or sick in some way at first, but it looked quite intact when I passed it, so that would make sense!

Jon Ayling replied to a comment by Scott Anderson on a photo in Really Ely

Thanks Scott! I think my photography is (slowly) improving ... though it might just be having a better camera!

Kathleen Jones commented on Really Ely

Another great ride. Appreciated the history a lot. The fort was cool, as was the causeway. I was surprised some of the fens are still below sea level. You ride, I learn.

Kathleen Jones commented on a photo in Really Ely

Could be a groundling. Fledged but not yet sure of its wings. Crows are one species that do that.

Scott Anderson commented on a photo in Really Ely

No, but an appealing presentation of it.

Kathleen Jones commented on a photo in Mission Mirror

Never heard of the Cardington Sheds until a few years ago when they had a twitter conversation with Moffett Hangar 1, also an airship hangar here in California. (Hangar 1 is now just a frame since its shell was removed because it was full of asbestos. The Google Boys paid the $1M to have that done. For a while they were allowed to fly their personal 747s in and out of Moffett Field next door to the Googleplex.)

1 month ago
Mike Ayling commented on Mission Mirror

Another interesting ride,Jon.

1 month ago
Jon Ayling commented on a photo in Mission Mirror

Ah, that's why!

1 month ago
Bill Shaneyfelt commented on a photo in Mission Mirror

I have helped remove trees growing through fences. Leaving branches that have grown around the wires is often the best course of action.

1 month ago
Jon Ayling replied to a comment by Mike Ayling on MK: So Good they Abbreviate It

Cheers Mike!