Journal Comments - Sicilian Circuit - CycleBlaze

From Sicilian Circuit by Jacquie Gaudet

Jacquie Gaudet replied to a comment by Rachael Anderson on Adjusting the plan

When I read about your and Scott's 2016 tour, I decided I had to go there someday. Then the Mathers went in 2018 and you returned in 2019! We are getting excited...

Rachael Anderson replied to a comment by Patrick O'Hara on Adjusting the plan

Sicily is one of my all time favorite places! The flowers are spectacular in the spring time and the food is amazing!

David Mathers commented on Adjusting the plan

That looks like an amazing route Jacquie. Looking forward to following along!

Jacquie Gaudet replied to a comment by Patrick O'Hara on Adjusting the plan

I first got interested in touring Sicily when I followed along with Scott and Rachel’s first tour there. But it definitely had to wait until after retirement!

Patrick O'Hara commented on Adjusting the plan

Looking forward to following along. Susanna and I will be relying on your (and others) experience for guidance for our own tour of Sicily one day!

Jacquie Gaudet replied to a comment by Scott Anderson on Adjusting the plan

Ah, well, you might be sick of us after Palermo and Castellammare del Golfo! It's a shorter trip for me (plenty long enough for Al) and no ferry to the boot this time.

Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Jacquie Gaudet on Adjusting the plan

Racpat just updated their route through Sicily a few days ago. Looks like we’ll be missing you by just a day. We’re all booked down in Patti on the 16th. So close!

Jacquie Gaudet commented on Adjusting the plan

Hi Scott

We are in Randazzo April 16 and 17, moving on to Troina on April 18. We'll pass through Nicosia on our way to Sperlinga on April 19.

Earlier, we'll be in Grammichele April 5, going via Caltagirone to Piazza Armerina for two nights on April 6. You'll have moved on by then, it seems.

I'm not sure what Racpat's dates/route are.

Scott Anderson commented on Adjusting the plan

So when are you staying in Randazzo, Troina and Nicosia? We must be within a day or two in Randazzo (4/15 for us), but you must certainly be crossing paths somewhere with Racpat traveling east along your route. It looks like they’re planning stays in Nicosia, Troina and Randazzo themselves before meeting up with us.

Also, you’re staying in Grammichele and then biking through Caltagirone on your way to Piazza Armerina? We must be a hit or near miss there also - we’ll be in Caltagirone for three nights on 3/30-4/01.

Jacquie Gaudet replied to a comment by Rachel and Patrick Hugens on a photo in Planning our return to Italy

Of course!

3 months ago
Rachel and Patrick Hugens replied to a comment by Jacquie Gaudet on a photo in Planning our return to Italy

We'll need to stay in touch as we will be going west to east!

3 months ago

Yes, counterclockwise. Staying in Palermo, Castellammare del Golfo, Taormina... It seems every Sicily journal I've read starts like this.

3 months ago
Rachel and Patrick Hugens commented on a photo in Planning our return to Italy

Your northern route from Palmermo to Taormina will be very similiar to ours. You are going counterclockwise?
Racpat

3 months ago
Jacquie Gaudet replied to a comment by Scott Anderson on Planning our return to Italy

Hi Scott

I've sent you an email. It would be great to spend some time together in Palermo if it works out.

3 months ago
Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Jacquie Gaudet on Planning our return to Italy

Oh, OK. I guess we’d better start putting down some markers. I’ve roughed out a plan that goes through Holy Week because I think we should be booking that far, but we haven’t gone over it together yet. I’m sure we’d start with 3 nights in Palermo also, so that could be great.

What hotel are you booked into?

3 months ago