Journal Comments - Frankie goes to.....the North of Thailand (2019) - CycleBlaze

From Frankie goes to.....the North of Thailand (2019) by Frank Roettgen

Frank Roettgen commented on a photo in Phrae - Uttaradit

Why am I not surprised hearing that, Andrea! Have you and Bruce made any plans on your time Thailand yet? You may have answered that question in your journal but - mea culpa! - I have been busy rolling over the ubiquitous undulations of Northern Thailand.... Tomorrow I want to have a look at it while roaming through the Historic Park of Sukhothai though! Would love to meet before I leave towards New Zealand on Dec 29

17 hours ago
Andrea Brown commented on a photo in Phrae - Uttaradit

Ha! We did too!

18 hours ago
Frank Roettgen replied to a comment by Bill Shaneyfelt on a photo in Chiang Muan - Phrae

Thank you, Bill. Very interesting! I did some cycling along the German-Polish border in August and there were signs everywhere warning of the oak processionary caterpillars.... I am glad I didn´t touch the little creature!

1 day ago
Bill Shaneyfelt replied to a comment by Bill Shaneyfelt on a photo in Chiang Muan - Phrae

And the adult moths range from spectacular to nondescript.

1 day ago
Bill Shaneyfelt commented on a photo in Chiang Muan - Phrae

Nice picture!

Don't get the hairs on you... you might get a rash.

That is a tussock moth caterpillar of some kind, but I could not find a good image match .

1 day ago
Frank Roettgen commented on a photo in Phayao - Chiang Muan

I usually listen to your advice, Chris, but forget about the coffee-ginger one....

Frank Roettgen commented on a photo in Phayao - Chiang Muan

Indeed, Chris. The room, the staircases and the lobby are just wonderful. Doesn´t come out on my other photos unfortunately

Chris Wee commented on a photo in Phayao - Chiang Muan

NIce memories for me Frank. Chiang Muan is one of those places that I'd like to go back again, mainly because there's no attractions there. Simple cycling, huge teak houses, ficefields, farmland. We had dinner in the front of someone's house. A small stall with 2 tables. Brightest place in town was the new, in 2014, 7/11 opposite a concrete dinosaur !

Chris Wee commented on a photo in Phayao - Chiang Muan

See comment above.... haha

Chris Wee commented on a photo in Phayao - Chiang Muan

Squeeze some in to hot black coffee. Tried it in Bali and it'll surely wake you up !

Chris Wee commented on a photo in Phayao - Chiang Muan

This place has got gorgeous wood. I sort of wandered in during it's construction in 2009.

Andrea Brown replied to a comment by Frank Roettgen on a photo in Pa Tueng - Chiang Saen

I must be able to, I don’t remember it being a problem. It might be now, ha.

Frank Roettgen replied to a comment by Andrea Brown on a photo in Pa Tueng - Chiang Saen

Can you get comfortable sitting on the ground while eating, Andrea?

Chris Wee replied to a comment by Bruce Lellman on Fang - Pa Tueng

Bruce, I did ride up to MSL years ago, but from the east after Mae Chan. A tour group with luggage in a van. So technically that doesn't count.

Chris Wee commented on a photo in Suan Kaew Resort (#1174) - Chiang Rai

Huge roads in the north close to Laos, are just waiting for China traffic. Did you see some of the signs, already in Thai, English and Chinese?