Journal Comments - Frankie goes to.....the North of Thailand (2019) - CycleBlaze

From Frankie goes to.....the North of Thailand (2019) by Frank Roettgen

Chris Wee replied to a comment by Bruce Lellman on a photo in Day trip to the Sukhothai Historical Park

Yes that's the way to do it. Had a hard time finding it in Singapore, shopkeepers said it was dangerous and banned. Grabbed a few in Bali at 2 bucks each.

5 months ago
Bruce Lellman replied to a comment by Chris Wee on a photo in Day trip to the Sukhothai Historical Park

One note on those immersion heaters....Make sure it is in the water when you plug it in. Then, when you are ready to take it out, unplug it first. We blew one out once. Apparently the thing likes to be in water to start its work and to end it too.

5 months ago
Frank Roettgen replied to a comment by Ute Nonhoff on a photo in Phayao - Chiang Muan

Why does good advice always come too late, Ute? But fortunately the next trip is not that far away....

5 months ago
Frank Roettgen replied to a comment by Henna Janiesch on Sleeper train Bangkok - Trang

Much appreciated, Helmut! Hope you had a good time in Egypt and managed to restrict your alcohol consumption when being out with the boys..... A bit early but I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas

5 months ago
Henna Janiesch commented on Sleeper train Bangkok - Trang

Returning from Egypt reading your writings I`ve missed was a must.
I started withe the 10th of November the last report I had read before leaving Germany. I thought I would read 2 or 3 "days" but I tell you I couldnt stop reading the whole story. I love it.
Thanks again that you share your adventure .
Take care, my friend. Hope to meet you again.
Tomorrow we have a VET-meeting in Düsseldorf- Uwe Mainz, Stümmi, Tom Littges, Horst Schewe and I.
I will tell them about your trip and we will have a drink on you.
CU
The old ret. Colonel

5 months ago
Ute Nonhoff commented on a photo in Phayao - Chiang Muan

well cut them up and put some of it in your water you drink during the day... ;)

5 months ago
Frank Roettgen replied to a comment by Bruce Lellman on a photo in Nakhon Sawan - Chainat

I am still waiting too, Bruce, as it is so comfortable to just snap a picture and then have somebody full of knowledge doing the scientific part for you......

6 months ago
Bruce Lellman commented on a photo in Nakhon Sawan - Chainat

What happened to Bill?

6 months ago
Frank Roettgen replied to a comment by Bruce Lellman on By train to Bangkok

Your very kind words leave me behind bashful, honored and inspired at the same time, Bruce. Any words from my side on your own blog would look like I am just trying to be polite but I am very serious in saying: Likewise!

6 months ago
Bruce Lellman commented on By train to Bangkok

Another great journal, Frankie. I like your easy, happy and informative prose and your beautifully colorful, sharp, well composed and also informative photos. Your obvious love for Thailand is paired equally with my own. Add it all up and in my opinion your Thai journals are the best journals for me. I enjoy them immensely. Thank you so much. I will be looking forward to your Vietnam journal. We had a blast there three years ago.

6 months ago
Chris Wee commented on a photo in By train to Bangkok

There's a bike friendly ferry across the river that leads to the lane that leads to the Ayutthaya train station, all in an almost straight line. I did the opposite route last May, trying to cut down the 1500m trek to our guesthouse in 40C heat.

6 months ago
Chris Wee commented on a photo in Ang Thong - Ayutthaya

If you're just photographing the head that's fine, but the need to have oneself in the frame in every pic, is beyond comprehension. There was a security guard when I visited, just because some people went too close to the head.

6 months ago
Chris Wee replied to a comment by Andrea Brown on a photo in Chainat - Ang Thong

The true Malaysian ones are fried with lard, shrimp and cockles. Sometimes you can get a side order of fresh, raw cockles.
Vampire food for Frank the connoisseur.

6 months ago
Andrea Brown commented on a photo in Chainat - Ang Thong

That looks amazing.

6 months ago
Bill Shaneyfelt commented on a photo in Chainat - Ang Thong

Looks like giant milkweed.

6 months ago