In Canmore: a non sequitur - An American Summer, 2023 - CycleBlaze

August 3, 2023

In Canmore: a non sequitur

It’s Thursday morning, less than a week before we return to Portland for a month.  I’m a couple of days behind on this journal, both of them days with enough to say about that it will take awhile figuring out which of the hundreds of photos I took to include here and thinking through what I want to say about and remember from these days.

I’ll look forward to writing up our spectacular hike Monday up to Mount Edith Cavell Meadows, and the astonishing blue of the remnants of a glacier melting into Cavell Pond.

Us, and what still remains of Angel Glacier.
Heart 9 Comment 3
Patrick O'HaraAren't you both uncomfortable and cold with that glacial runoff running down your backs? Man, I knew you were both tough. But, not that tough!
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Scott AndersonTo Patrick O'HaraNope. Actually this is a ruse. It’s a studio shot we took back in Jasper, posing in front of a blow-up enlargement.
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Patrick O'HaraTo Scott AndersonI knew it!
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
On Cavell Pond.
Heart 8 Comment 0

And I’m anxious to relive our drive down the Icefields Parkway Tuesday and the out and back on the David Thompson Highway that we broke up the drive with, stunned the whole way by the procession of peaks that kept seductively drawing us in and leaving me wishing we could just keep biking forward further still.  And I can’t wait to see what Rachael pulls off her GoPro when she finds the time to cull through her footage.

We saw these.
Heart 9 Comment 0
And these. And a bear and porcupine too.
Heart 7 Comment 0
And this.
Heart 3 Comment 0

But she doesn’t have time now and I don’t either because we’re busy visiting Levi,  service dog wannabe:

Levi, whom you may remember from another recently completed journal here. He’s grown a bit since then.
Heart 6 Comment 0

And socializing with his puppy parents: 

Us and them. So have all the barbers gone on strike then, or what?
Heart 7 Comment 2
Scott FenwickScott, Is that your wallet on the table? I would have expected it on a chain by now!
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Scott AndersonTo Scott FenwickYes!! I’m quite proud of myself. It’s been several months now since I’ve lost anything of consequence.
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0

So I’m sure you’ll understand if we take our time getting back on track here.  At this point, with us so close to being back in Portland with a lot of hours to fill anyway, it wouldn’t be a surprise if most of this waits until then.  It would make good material for filling up some time while I’m just sitting around some coffee shop waiting for someone to show up and join me.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 9
Comment on this entry Comment 7
Suzanne GibsonShort recaps are good, too. Can't believe your Canada trip is almost over!
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Suzanne GibsonAnd hello to Kirsten and Lyle! And the adorable puppy!
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Rachel and Patrick HugensAnd Boise before Portland
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Scott AndersonTo Rachel and Patrick HugensBoise? Oh, that’s right. Thanks for the reminder!
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Scott AndersonTo Rachel and Patrick HugensI’m really looking forward to seeing you and your cats and your home!!
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Rachel and Patrick HugensTo Scott AndersonWhat days are you planning on being here, there are plenty of hiking trails, and the Boise Green belt to cycle…so stay long.
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Scott AndersonTo Rachel and Patrick HugensSorry. Can’t answer that here of course, as it would ruin the suspense. Watch for information through courier pigeon.
Reply to this comment
9 months ago