January 15-21 - PedalPushin 2024 - CycleBlaze

January 15, 2024 to January 21, 2024

January 15-21

Despite the slowly increasing sunlight, winter continues to drag on. But as winters go, this has been a slightly milder one though the forecast is showing that we will have a “soon to arrive” ugly spell of about two weeks of -35 to -15 degree temperatures. Hard to explain what that kind of cold is but it is no longer cycling weather for me … thus more indoor riding on the trainer. 

Both trikes are now folded and packed awaiting their first airplane trips to sunny Tucson. The process takes about 20 minutes from rideable to packed and for the first time ever, I have a checklist. Maybe a result of the aging process, maybe because it simply makes sense, or perhaps I’m still learning what trike travel means. 

Keeping with the new theme on CycleBlaze, here are my two critters for this week. The first is our semi-resident moose. She does have a yearling with her this year but the young one didn’t pose for a picture. Momma, however, was quite interested in the brush alongside my fence and for some perspective, the fence is 3 feet high and she can simply step over when she chooses. She has been coming through the backyard every 2-3 weeks. Maybe I should give her a name …

One of our friendly wintertime visitors.
Heart 2 Comment 1
Scott AndersonBeautiful shot.
Reply to this comment
3 months ago

This week’s bird count was fairly dismal with only 3 species noted and the few that did show were not to keen on photos. I did capture this Boreal Chickadee after he harassed a few Black Capped Chickadees to leave. 

Boreal Chickadee
Heart 1 Comment 0

Just checked our outside temperature, balmy -27 in my backyard, -29 at one daughter’s house, -35 at the other daughter’s house. 

Today's ride: 200 miles (322 km)
Total: 623 miles (1,003 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0