Day 25 - Treat Street Loop - PedalPushin 2024 - CycleBlaze

March 2, 2024

Day 25 - Treat Street Loop

Our time is quickly fading away … only a few more days before we return home. So today we opted to do the Treat Street Loop clockwise, meet friends, and head to Freddy’s for lunch.

Tucson riding … nothing like this in Alaska
Heart 2 Comment 0

But today, we encountered a lot of other trail users given the warm weather and Saturday riding.  The vast majority of users remain pleasant although I did have one unpleasant encounter with road bike as he was quite insulted that I veered over the middle yellow line as I was passing a different cyclist going my way.  I guess he needed the entire lane and just couldn’t quite grasp that 2/3 of a lane was more than enough.   Sure hope he finds some enjoyment with that attitude.

Mural along the way
Heart 0 Comment 0
Things are wanting to bloom
Heart 2 Comment 0

We also noticed that the spring bloom seems to be coming just in time for our departure which is unfortunate.

Cycling friends … Erie Canal, Tucson 2023, Iowa 2023, and Tucson 2024
Heart 2 Comment 0
The famed Rillito mural
Heart 2 Comment 0
Beach or Desert or perhaps both
Heart 2 Comment 0

The ride down Treat Street was once again a nice cross town connector and there is just something about a street being designated a Bike Blvd.  Love the concept and we used the University Street / 3rd Street Bike Blvd to then cross back to the Loop where we added a few more miles to the day as the weather was simply that good.

Lunch destination along Treat Street
Heart 0 Comment 0

We’ve got 2 more rides planned before our departure to fill in a few more lines on the map which I will post in a few days to give the big picture of the trails and roads we traveled on this escape from winter trip.

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 31 miles (50 km)
Total: 1,923 miles (3,095 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Steve Miller/GrampiesIt is too bad that the weekend Lycra warriors feel so entitled. One finds them almost everywhere. Often they ride 2 or 3 aside on a narrow path, expectings all others to leap sideways to avoid them. Sheesh. Glad you are having such a good winter break, are you sure you want to go home so soon?
Reply to this comment
2 months ago
Larry MitchellAdmittedly we would love to stay much longer but granddaughter duty is luring us back.
Reply to this comment
2 months ago