Day 24 - The Loop #2 - PedalPushin 2024 - CycleBlaze

March 1, 2024

Day 24 - The Loop #2

Loop #2 … riding the loop is simply a joy. 55 miles of car free cycling with lots of other trail users, mostly courteous with a few not so much.

So our basic route was south on the Santa Cruz, cross over to the Julian Wash, to the Pantano Wash, along the Rillito, and then back down the Santa Cruz.  Add to that temperatures in the 70’s and blue skies and we have a perfect day of cycling.  And then, add good friends to the ride and the ride gets even better.

Finally caught by the train at Rita Ranch zone
Heart 0 Comment 1
Kelly IniguezCould you ask the trike rider with the American flag banner what the source is for the banner?
Reply to this comment
2 months ago

Today, for me at least, was a day to ride and day dream and simply enjoy the ride which I did.  Our days are now numbered before our return to Alaska and it has been a great trip.  Not sure on my thoughts on the -40 degree temperatures at home this morning, but spring is coming in Alaska and with it other plans for some summer rides that I haven’t done for several years.

Oh, I also met the local Ice Trike dealer today who greeted me with “The Alaskan Cyclists!”  Apparently he has seen my YouTube channel and make the connection despite not posting a new video in over a year.

Small world …

The road before … the road during … the road at the end of the day.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 2
Kelly IniguezAt mile 5.4 of this map, you can take the bridge and ride a few miles down to Drexel, cross the bridge, and come back up the other side. It's an easy little loop to add a few miles. I have never stopped, but you ride past a big shopping area near Irvington, where you could stop and get something to eat. I've heard Mod Pizza is good.

Have you been to see the Mission yet? It would be an easy drive from where you are staying, if you don't feel like a road ride.
Reply to this comment
2 months ago
Larry MitchellRiding the mission on Sunday as we check out of our current lodging and move to our last lodging. Will add that route into my big map, maybe next year as we leave on Tuesday.
Reply to this comment
2 months ago

Today's ride: 56 miles (90 km)
Total: 1,892 miles (3,045 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0