Shishikui - a lovely house by the sea for a few nights - Six Wheels Through Japan Part 2 - CycleBlaze

November 9, 2023 to November 10, 2023

Shishikui - a lovely house by the sea for a few nights

We booked Pacifico Surf House for 2 nights as the weather forecast predicted heavy rain overnight and continuing through the following day.   Before the rain began, we enjoyed a soak in the hot tub. Not only did it feel good after our ride, but we had to pinch ourselves at the extraordinary view we had of the ocean and area.

Heavy rain started in earnest before we went to bed along with thunder and lightning….and this continued throughout the following day. Good to be inside and not riding. It is shaping up to be a stay where we can rest and recharge.

Breakfast by the sea.
Heart 4 Comment 2
Steve Miller/GrampiesCould be Saltspring Island breakfast!
Reply to this comment
6 months ago
Barry BartlettTo Steve Miller/GrampiesYes indeed!
If only we could afford waterfront property on Saltspring.
Reply to this comment
6 months ago
The outdoor seating area is quite nice..but we stayed inside on the comfy couch. We were very excited that the owner had a Sonus speaker. We were able to sync it to our own Sonus library and we listened to Jazz24, a channel we like from Washington state most of the day.. What a treat to have great music to while away a rainy day.
Heart 5 Comment 0
We are situated directly on the sea with an unobstructed view.
Heart 5 Comment 2
Charmaine RuppoltVery nice accommodations you were able to secure by the ocean! Glad they had availability!
Reply to this comment
6 months ago
Our host Ryota is an avid surfer who has found a way to live his passion with a business and lifestyle that supports his love of surfing. He has a small surf shop, gives surfing lessons, rents gear, offers tours and has 2 rental properties….one called Mountain located inland and the other Ocean…and yes, that is where we are staying
Heart 2 Comment 0
Every part of this house has a view.
Heart 4 Comment 0
A view of the stormy sea outside our window.
Heart 5 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
The local guys who surf loved this weather. The windier the better. Ryota admitted that typhoon weather suits him just fine!
Heart 2 Comment 0
Catching a wave…they love the wind and stormy seas.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Ryota has created a magical place which is well appointed and has everything we could need or want, including laundry facilities.
Heart 4 Comment 0

We enjoyed our rest day here and the weather didn’t frustrate us at all. After all we had a front row seat to watch the action from the comfort of our wee house. Our bodies were ready for a break. Interestingly, Ryota has a connection to Abbotsford BC where Barry’s brother lives. Small world.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 0