Hanging out in Ginowan - Six Wheels Through Japan Part 2 - CycleBlaze

Hanging out in Ginowan

Time is winding down for us and all too soon we will be packing up our trikes and heading home. Gulp. Are we ready for a British Columbia winter after spending the last month in the subtropical climes of Okinawa? No we aren’t. But our allowed 90 days are up soon, and home we must go. 

We’ll use our remaining time to enjoy unique aspects of Japan that we  love…a lot of this includes food and having great rides, but finding special Onsens is a priority. At this point in our trip, Onsens will be therapeutic for us, but regardless, we love going to them and experiencing its culture.   We found a new hotel in Ginowan that is a special deal…very reasonable, so our plan is to stay here a few days, enjoy the ocean views from our room and go to the town’s public onsen as often as we can.

A pair of very impressive Shisas greet you at the front door.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A few interesting things here…we like the palm trees with red berries leading us to the front door, but we also like the convenience of having a Konbeni (Family Mart) on the property (the green and blue stripes are on the Konbeni’s sign).
Heart 0 Comment 0
A short ride of a few km takes us to this superb public bath, onsen. It is at the bottom of the hill from our hotel and is located by the sea.
Heart 0 Comment 0
At the entrance to the public bath is this impressive floral arrangement in honour of the New Year.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The entrance to the Onsen where you check in, get towels, a key for your locker etc. You must confirm that you have no tattoos to get entry.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Public baths are about wellness and healthy living. They provide purified drinking water throughout, a masseuse is available for treatments, there is a relaxation room with reclining chairs, a restaurant onsite and 2 vending machines. One offers milk (helps body post onsen and sauna) and the other machine offers ice cream, and that is good for you anytime, right?
Heart 0 Comment 0
This is the view from our room. We also have a large balcony, nicely furnished where we can spend time.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We enjoy seeing the beautiful clouds and sky that seem to be typical of Okinawa.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We will have sticker shock when we go back to Canada. Prices in Japan for most hotels are a bargain for us. Our hotel is very nice and price is about $70 incl tax. We like that accomodation provides you with all the amenities you need like toothbrush and paste, shampoo and body wash, hairbrush, sometimes body cream and coffee, hotel wear (yukata robe or lounge wear). The quality is good…one really doesn’t need toiletries. As well, most hotels have an amenity bar in the lobby if you run out. Amazing.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 15 km (9 miles)
Total: 2,168 km (1,346 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0