Day 83: Sault Ste. Marie to Spragge - Four Corners of Canada - CycleBlaze

August 26, 2010

Day 83: Sault Ste. Marie to Spragge

I was up early today. Andre, the owner of Velorution, came by at about 6:00 AM. He said that they have had problems with their neighbour soliciting people. Sure enough, when I left she came by and told me all about Falun Gong. I followed the route out of town recommended by Velorution. It avoided the divided highway (which was likely illegal to cycle on) and replaced it with nice quiet roads. All but 1 km of the roads were paved.

It was a beautiful day for cycling. It was sunny, the temperature was in the low twenties and there was a good tailwind all day long.

I was looking for a KOA campground around Spragge, but it turns out that it has been replaced by a private campground. I stayed at the Serpent River Campground ($28). If all goes well, I'll be back home in about a week.

End point:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=46.20935,-82.60562&ll=46.20935,-82.60562&ie=UTF8&z=12&om=1

A story about the owner of Velorution.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The winds were calm in the morning.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A monument of the Canadian one dollar coin - the 'Loonie'. The designer of the coin hailed from Echo Bay near Sioux Ste. Marie.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Some nice quiet roads east of Sioux Ste. Marie. These avoid the Trans-Canada. highway.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
The view at the 10,000 km mark of the trip.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 176 km (109 miles)
Total: 10,042 km (6,236 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0