Final Pack and Box - PedalPushin “The Final Two” 2023 - CycleBlaze

Final Pack and Box

Fall is coming quickly … 46 degrees
Heart 0 Comment 0

Finally … we are down to 1 day until we depart. I’m not really sure if there is anything left to do as checklists have been checked, minor adjustments have been made, the lawn is mowed, the outside of the house is prepped for our return when the snow will probably already be on the ground. 

Winter prepped … maybe a few flowers will still be blooming upon our return
Heart 0 Comment 0

Outside more leaves are turning and the wet, damp weather we’ve been dealing with it has given forth, kinda, to a semi cloudy day with specks of sunshine, but it is also 46 degrees. Maybe yet another sign it’s time for a fall trip. 

For the first time ever, I actually timed myself boxing Lisa’s trike from parked in the garage to the final taping of the lid, prepping the batteries for travel and even doing quick wipe down - 34 minutes!  With the few adjustments I made the box is coming in at 49 pounds so everybody should be happier when having to move or touch the box. 

One done, one to go … 49 pounds, a new record
Heart 1 Comment 0

My trike took the same amount of time although I had to reopen it to put the boom in, fortunately, as that would have been a huge deal. 

Our daughter will arrive at 5:15 am to fetch us and our stuff to catch out 7:00 am flight to Seattle. Fortunately Fairbanks only has 4 gates, usually only using 2 for Alaska Airlines and one security access point. Longest we have ever waited was 20 minutes to clear it. 

Next stop Minneapolis for our “Final Two” cycling adventure. 


Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0