Day 20 - Rest Day - Puerto Rio Tranquio - High Maintenance - 6 Week Carretera Austral - 2024 - CycleBlaze

February 7, 2024

Day 20 - Rest Day - Puerto Rio Tranquio

Rest day. It rained all night and crazy windy. I’m so happy we got a cabana. There is a nice stove in the cabana, we thought nawwww not required. However as we woke up, definitely it was required. 

The before picture! It was cold when we rolled out of bed !
Heart 1 Comment 0

After a few logs and cardboard, breakfast was late this morning as we warmed up the cabana.
Heart 1 Comment 0

A nice stroll after lunch. Very windy and cool and they actually stopped any boats on the lake! 

Nice shot of the lake, almost whitecaps!
Heart 5 Comment 1
Rachael AndersonWhat a great place to hang out for a day!
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
Now who is the high maintenance friend here. He has the executive room too, hydro by his bed. This is my area.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Now my dear friend David is high maintenance
Heart 0 Comment 0

Tip, remember where you pack something, David just opens one bag for lunch, I have to check all 4 where I packed the peanut butter. Oh best lunch ever get fresh pans yes converted to call buns now to pans, a banana and an excellent lunch. 

We had a great dinner, yes my salmon with grilled veggies, David with his steak. The views were great, just the wind howling like crazy,

View from dinner
Heart 4 Comment 1
Rachael AndersonMy favorite dish, Salmon and grilled vegetables!
Reply to this comment
3 months ago

Some extra random dog shots, David is now taking wagers on what dog will make the short list of being published

Honourable mention to these, whatever they are. Not locals since they have fur coats and not covered in burrs
Heart 0 Comment 0

To those of you that know me, know I really like dogs. 

And the winner is Dinner Dog, he/she was around our table while we were eating dinner. Giving you the look, please drop something.
Heart 1 Comment 0

After dinner took an hour to find the cafe that I saw earkier to get fresh pan for lunch tomorrow and pie for maybe desert. Thank god the highway for the ride just goes north/south. Even directionally challenged Peter can’t get lost, just when finding a cafe in a town that has 8 streets. Okay maybe 15.

Gave up walking, so rode the bike to find the store , then had to walk it back.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Went for pan came back for more ! Was so worth the hassle.

We checked Windy app 

Great app we can see by time etc when the winds blow, bad headwinds can change departure time
Heart 0 Comment 0

We are fortunate the next few days tail winds. Even if doing local cycling, boating  great app to use.

Next few days camping not sure on cell service. Thanks to everyone sending positive greetings and following along. 

The fire box is loaded with wood it will be a warm night ! 

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0