Logistics Day in Salzburg - A Wilde Ride In Salzkammergut - May 2022 - CycleBlaze

May 7, 2022

Logistics Day in Salzburg

“We can have in life but one great experience at best, and the secret of life is to reproduce that experience as often as possible.” O.W.

Aside from the jet lag, it was wonderful to wake up and know we were going to be getting ready for  European bike trip, even if just a short one.

When Rado dropped us off at the hotel yesterday afternoon, it was dumping rain, and it continued to rain off and on through the night. Today’s weather forecast called for a dry morning with rain returning for the afternoon. The one good thing about jet lag is that there was no way we were going to sleep in and miss this window!

First up was getting our bike organized. Since this was going to be a very short loop tour, and it was really an add-on to a “business” trip, we decided to rent bikes - a first for us. Although we had email exchanges and phone calls with the rental shop, I still had some trepidation that there would be appropriate bikes waiting for us. Fortunately my anxiety was misplaced when we arrived at Radsport Wagner.

Something new for us … rental bikes! With only a few days riding and short(ish) days this seemed to be the most sensible thing. Big shout out to Radsport Wagner in Salzburg. I spoke to them before we left Canmore and two new Specialized hybrid bikes were waiting for us when we arrived. 200 Eruros for both bikes for 6 days!
Heart 2 Comment 0

Getting bikes organized was 99% of what we needed to do today …. And that took all of about 20 minutes! A few minutes to work out seat and pannier adjustments and we were good to go. The rest of the day was spent just wandering around Salzburg trying to soak in some natural light … and stay dry.

Tried to work off some more of the jet lag walking around Salzburg. Not a great day for it though as there was a fairly constant drizzle.
Heart 2 Comment 0
“I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― O. W. - Random sightings in Salzburg. There is always something new under the sun!
Heart 0 Comment 0

We had a wonderful lunch at Cafe Fingerlos and finished off the night eating far too much at Taj Mahal (Indian if you couldn’t guess). We really ventured into the unknown with our diner choice … it was directly across the street from where we ate last night!

Back in Austria … there will be much more of this!
Heart 2 Comment 0
Auf Wiedersehen für jetzt
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 0