Day 13 - 14 - Viking Quest - Seattle Pilgrimage - Viking Quest ~ 2023 - CycleBlaze

August 26, 2023

Day 13 - 14 - Viking Quest - Seattle Pilgrimage

Come Along on the Viking Pilgrimage to Seattle 

The Viking Quest Solo Tour is taking a planned detour to Seattle, WA, August 26 - September 7.  It is a  "Pilgrimage" from the bicycle to a land far far away.

August 26 - In three hours and 10 minutes, I traveled 1,230 miles (quoted miles by the pilot) with no pedal strokes.

On board Sun Country Airlines
Heart 0 Comment 0
Dan, Louise & Mr. B
Heart 1 Comment 0

The Pilgrimage is an adventure to visit my youngest son Dan, his wife Louise and their adventure dog "Mr. B".  While there another one of my son's - Jason - will be flying in with tickets to the Dave Matthews concert at the Gorge Amphitheatre, George, WA.   How cool right!   (* Brandon, you will be missed, I love you!)

Day 13 - was an epic start for the Pilgrimage.   Within minutes of landing in Seattle, I was transported to the "mountain"  - Mt. Rainier.   Up and up we traveled as the skies turned orange and the trees filled the landscape.  A sharp turn off the main road, took us onto a twisting and turning forest road for what felt like forever.   The skies were darkening as we arrived at a secret spot to camp overnight.  

The destination camping spot was scenic and stealth, and provided a peace I cannot express in words - maybe a few images will do the trick. 

View from our secret overnight camping spot.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0

Day 14 - The next morning I woke up to the beauty of Mt. Rainier as it to awakened for the day.

Rolled out of the tent to this!
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0

After coffee and donuts we took a short drive to Crystal Mountain for lunch, a gondola ride and a 5-mile hike.  The views were amazingly beautiful.

Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 5 Comment 0
Crystal Mountain Hike
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 5 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Small outdoor concert after the hike
Heart 0 Comment 0
Mr. B and I were backseat buddies
Heart 6 Comment 0
A toast to the Viking Pilgrimage - salute!
Heart 4 Comment 0

More to come .... 

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Tamora StumLooks like tons of fun with those 3!! Love ya!
Reply to this comment
8 months ago
Keith A. SpanglerTo Tamora StumWe got lucky with the weather. They wore me out, but it was fun.
Reply to this comment
8 months ago