Day 14: Deniliquin to Finley - A late Autumn/Early winter trip to Victoria by two old people - CycleBlaze

May 24, 2023

Day 14: Deniliquin to Finley

Heart 0 Comment 0

Komoot had given us a winding route through back roads that managed to avoid the highway for most of the way. Komoot has been very good at this, I suppose it helps that a lot of Victoria's small back roads are bitumen. Consequently it was a very pleasant ride with practically no traffic until the final few kilometres into Finley.

The usual chaos taking over a camp kitched on a morning. Fortunately, we seem to be the only ones who use them.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Leaving Deniliquin.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Some of the roads we travelled were single lane and wouldn't see anything but local traffic, makes you wonder why they bothered with the bitumen, not that I'm complaining. Due to the weather forecast we had chosen to take a rest day in Finley and booked a cabin for two nights. A bit of luxury but we felt that we deserved it after two weeks on the road. Finley is a small but well serviced town, the features that attracted us were the fact that there was a supermarket not too far from a caravan park. Town planners take note. We could have headed down closer to the river to a bigger town but Finley sounded more us.

Lunch stop before hitting the highway. I'm still not allowed in the chair.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This makes the cabin look a bit more up market than it actually was.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Home for the next two nights.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Welcoming committee.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A couple of old folks looking forward to a day off.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 67 km (42 miles)
Total: 865 km (537 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0