Carsington and Tissington trails - From the low country to the highlands and beyond - CycleBlaze

September 10, 2018

Carsington and Tissington trails

The Carsington Water ride is a 13 km loop around the lake of that name. It's a flat trail, popular with walkers and cyclists - as seems to be the case everywhere in England.

We park at the Visitor Centre, south of Matlock, late morning and enjoy our leisurely ride around the lake.  It's also popular with boaties, given the number of yachts we see on our ride.  But the season must be over - they're all tucked up in their tarpaulins for winter.

Wintering over?
Heart 0 Comment 0

Carsington was a pleasant interlude but we need to tick off a few more kilometers today. The start of the Tissington Trail is just a few miles down the road. It's another rail trail, this time following the route of the old London & North Western Railway between Parsley Hay and Ashbourne. We start at the Ashbourne end and bike north for as long as we feel like it, knowing we have to turn around. The ride ends up being a 25km chunk of the 41km return distance. Enough to call it quits for the day.

Not sure where this was taken . . Tour leader on what appears to be a full-sized country lane . . .
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 38 km (24 miles)
Total: 502 km (312 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0