Leaving the Alps - Alps Wanderings of Chuck and Cory 2023 - CycleBlaze

June 20, 2023

Leaving the Alps

The end of a beautiful trip

Our last morning in the mountains. 

We were planning a quick ride in the morning. It seemed like a good idea last night, but by the time we got moving we didn’t want to chance anything wrong that could delay our departure. 

We chose to lounge by the pool I stead for a similar workout…. Well, Cory swam and I lounged. 

We dropped off the rental bikes and made our way to Geneva.

I returned the CO2 cylinders to the Geneva Decathalon and got 7 Swiss Francs back cash. Only after did I realize that I had actually bought them at a Decathalon in France for 7 Euros. So I made about 20 cents Canadian!  That will go to the car rental:)

We checked in and then went to the airport to see about our bikes. In the end Swissport, the agent for Air Canada, agreed to send our bikes back to our houses. So we’re flying back with carry on bags only!

We took a meandering bus downtown to see some more of the city. An early patio dinner and the some waterfront time. 

We bought a few beverages and croissants in a shop and had them on a park bench on the water. Just like the locals do. 

It was a nice relaxing way to end our trip. 

One last moment poolside in the alps
Heart 0 Comment 0
Waterfront Geneva brews and croissants
Heart 1 Comment 0
Swank waterfront hotel
Heart 0 Comment 0
Waterfront walk
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0