Xenia to Deleware: We meet another Underground Railroad cyclist! - Underground Railroad Route (Northern Half) - CycleBlaze

June 12, 2011

Xenia to Deleware: We meet another Underground Railroad cyclist!

When we got up, everything was damp in the room, not just the clothes that were washed last night. The ventilation in the room was poor. The weather outside was cool and breezy in the morning and the first part of the route (about 40 miles) was on a trail. It was nice. However, most of the afternoon was spent fighting a headwind and was tiresome although with flat terrain. Drivers continued to be accomodating. We say many local cyclists. As we pulled into a hotel another Underground Railroad Cyclist joined us. Alyson is a Univeral Unitarian Minister from San Francisco. She also started in Mobile and stay in the homes of church members when possible.

We ate dinner with Alyson at a Chinese restaurant. (This picture was actually taken the following night at the Angelwoods B & B). The power went off when we finished eating. In fact the entire neighborhood was out including the Kroger store that Rhona had her heart set on exploring.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 79 miles (127 km)
Total: 429 miles (690 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0