Day 82 - Miles City to Terry - Two Far 2021 - Sooo... Far - CycleBlaze

June 29, 2021

Day 82 - Miles City to Terry

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today was a good day.  We got on the road before 7:30, had an enjoyable ride and rolled into Terry about 11:30.  After an excellent lunch of burgers and beer and some great conversation, we checked into our downscale, but  clean and comfortable, motel and promptly indulged in an afternoon nap.

I-94 had very little traffic. We were on it for less than ten miles.
Heart 2 Comment 0

Most of the ride was on local roads which followed the Yellowstone River.  We had views of the river in several places.

The Yellowstone River and the railroad tracks. We were in view of the railroad all the miles we were not on I-94.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The tail-end of a tanker unit train. Kerry was curious about the covered hopper cars he has been seeing at each end of these trains. After Googling it, he learned that the hopper is a "buffer" car and is required, as HAZMAT cars are not allowed to be coupled to a locomotive.
Heart 1 Comment 0

The view on the east side away from the river

High bluffs to the southeast
Heart 1 Comment 0
We passed a few farms - still baling hay.
Heart 1 Comment 0

There was a small park with information signs entering Prairie County.

Image not found :(
Heart 1 Comment 0
View downriver from the park - the railroad trestle and the roadway bridge right next to each other.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Mike ObermeyerLove the picture
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
The Yellowstone River
Heart 1 Comment 0

More historical markers.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Here are the bridge and trestle - they cross the Powder River. My pictures of the Powder River did not come out. The river is almost dry.
Heart 1 Comment 0

We got to Terry early and went looking for lunch.   The third time was the charm.  After walking in and deciding against two places, we went in the Roy Rogers Bar and Grill.

"Uptown" Terry, MT
Heart 1 Comment 0

We had excellent service, very good burgers and a lot of fun talking with Ty (in the front) and Andrew at the bar.  Ty continued our education about cattle ranching in Montana.

Andrew and Ty. We are glad we got to meet you both.
Heart 2 Comment 0

Today's ride: 40 miles (64 km)
Total: 3,139 miles (5,052 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Scott AndersonHey, you’re only a half a day south of Buddy Hall! He and Doc are in Glendive tonight.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo Scott AndersonYes, we've been in touch with Buddy. Unfortunately, we are a day behind him and Doc, and turning east at Glendive, so we won't cross paths.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago