Day 80 - Forsyth to Miles City - Two Far 2021 - Sooo... Far - CycleBlaze

June 27, 2021

Day 80 - Forsyth to Miles City

Heart 1 Comment 0

The Triple H (anyone go to med school way back when?) of cycling is heat, hills and headwinds.  Today we had all three, though the heat was mid-80's, so not too bad.  There were plenty of climbs, but the steepest was 6%, so, again, not too bad.  We started with a tailwind, but by the last twenty miles we picked up a headwind which got progressively stronger.  By the end, it was a headwind that was strong enough to make you pedal going  downhill and we had to gear down on the flats and could only average 7-8 MPH.  Put 'em together and what have you got?  Bibbidi-bobbidi-bicycle blues.  We are glad that tomorrow is a rest day.  It hasn't been long since our last day off, but we are looking forward to this one.  I think that, at least since we reached Wyoming, this is the most physically demanding tour we've done.  We're building muscles and character - and having a lot of Type-2 fun.

The scenery today was not quite as interesting as it was yesterday.  We were on I-94 all day, so there were no cows in the road this morning.

I-94 - good shoulder, good sightlines, moderate hills and legal for cyclists in Montana.
Heart 2 Comment 0
We did get an occasional glimpse of the Yellowstone River early in the day.
Heart 2 Comment 0

After passing by a few farms north of Forsyth, the land changed to rocky hills and valleys on both sides of the highway.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

That's all the pictures I have from today.  There is a museum in town that we plan to visit tomorrow, so I'll try to find something more interesting to post.

Today's ride: 45 miles (72 km)
Total: 3,094 miles (4,979 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0