Day 147 - Adrian to Archbold - Two Far 2021 - Sooo... Far - CycleBlaze

September 2, 2021

Day 147 - Adrian to Archbold

Heart 1 Comment 0

It was another great riding day.  There's just about no way not to have a good day when you're outdoors in the sunshine under blue skies.  When it's 75 degrees, the wind is at your back and you're rolling along on a tandem bicycle with your favorite person in the world, it's Nirvana.

The roads were excellent today.
Heart 1 Comment 0
These cows were into the hay before it was baled. Sneaking an early treat?
Heart 1 Comment 0
A nice farm view
Heart 2 Comment 0

About ten miles into our ride, we came upon another cyclist going our way.  He was headed to the next town, another ten miles away, to take some food to his uncle.  We rode along together and got acquainted.  There was so little traffic that we could ride abreast  and chat.  It was an enjoyable way to pass some miles.  When we asked his name, he said Richard, but everyone called him Smitty.  How rare, to meet another Smith!

Richard "Smitty" Smith
Heart 1 Comment 0
Smitty, we enjoyed your company.
Heart 1 Comment 0

The town we rode to with Smitty was Morenci, MI.  There was a major paving project underway on Main Street.  We were glad that we had the option of riding on the sidewalk.

No cars were getting through here today.
Heart 1 Comment 0
I loved this laundromat name!
Heart 3 Comment 0

The Ohio state line is just a mile south of Morenci.  This bridge is known as the "southernmost bridge in Michigan".   Smitty told us that there is an annual bridge walk here, complete with T-shirts for participants, as there is at the Mackinac Bridge on Labor Day.  Sounds like fun.

Heart 1 Comment 0

Now we're in Ohio, the final state of this tour.

Welcome to Ohio, Kerry's home state.
Heart 1 Comment 0
As soon as we crossed that state line, the corn was much drier and closer to harvest than it was "up north" in Michigan.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We continued to have just wonderful cycling roads.
Heart 1 Comment 0

We stopped at a convenience store in Archbod, OH to get our Diet Coke and snacks for our rest day tomorrow.  We talked with the clerk, Mya and found out that she used to live in Chielfland, FL, just north of us and a regular cycling destination of ours.

Nice to meet you, Mya.
Heart 2 Comment 0

Tomorrow is a tourist day.  We're visiting Sauder Village, which is a living history museum.

Today's ride: 42 miles (68 km)
Total: 5,521 miles (8,885 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0