Day 45 North Brunswick, NJ - Two Far 2019 - Coasting Along to the Maritimes - CycleBlaze

June 8, 2019

Day 45 North Brunswick, NJ

Heart 1 Comment 0

Our modest little motel last night was fine.  It was very quiet there and we slept well.  There was no breakfast, but there was a Dunkin' Donuts not far away and that worked for us.

Today was much less "adventurous" than yesterday.  We rode through more of rural New Jersey and saw a couple of very pretty small towns.  We encountered one short detour, which caused my Garmin to hiccup and give us a wrong turn, but that was quickly corrected and we were back on route.

Not all of our route was this quiet, but it was a nice ride. We had only a few miles of highway.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We appreciate all the wide shoulders.
Heart 1 Comment 0

The agricultural products we see vary from area to area.  Today had a lot of tree nurseries and fruit orchards.

Peach trees
Heart 0 Comment 0
Not peach trees I don't know what these are.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We also saw a big sod farm.

The grass is so lush and green, but I always question whether lush green lawns are a good use of water. (Not to mention all the chemicals used, but that's not an issue for this blog!)
Heart 2 Comment 0

Another thing we saw today was lots of horse stables advertising boarding and lessons.  I didn't get a very good picture, but some Saturday morning riding lessons were taking place here.

Heart 0 Comment 0

The homes we passed ranged from very modest to very grand estates - sometimes the two were side by side.  We saw this little group of old white houses - and one which someone had added some embellishment to!

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

Tomorrow we are looking forward to a visit to the Edison Laboratory and Museum.  It should be a really interesting place to see.  We also have what looks like one big climb at the end of the route.  You'll probably get to hear me whining about that tomorrow, too.

Today's ride: 39 miles (63 km)
Total: 1,747 miles (2,812 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0