Day 7 Turkey Run State Park, IN - Two Far 2018 - Trailing through the Rust Belt - CycleBlaze

May 23, 2018

Day 7 Turkey Run State Park, IN

Heart 0 Comment 0

We were back to bike touring today.  It was a beautiful today and we enjoyed our ride from Zionsville to Turkey Run State Park.  The scenery remained farms and fields most of the  way.  We noticed that the corn and beans seem taller as we ride west.  We figure that the planting may have been a week or so earlier in this area.

Heart 0 Comment 0

Just past Zionsville, we passed a collection of huge distribution centers right off I-65.  The hugest was Amazon.  I didn't  get a picture that showed the whole thing, but it seemed to be a quarter mile long.

We encountered our first "road closed" obstacle today, but were able to walk the bikes around the road work in the grass.  We appreciated the workers letting us through.

Heart 0 Comment 0

We like to take a loop around the downtown area of the little towns we go through.  One town we visited was Jamestown, IN.  Two years ago, we were in Jamestown, VA on Two Far 2016 and later this summer we'll visit Jamestown #3, Jamestown, NY.

Heart 0 Comment 0
This Jamestown is not very prosperous today
Heart 0 Comment 0
More Indiana roadside views
Heart 0 Comment 0
A very attractive farm
Heart 0 Comment 0
Do you see Team A riding ahead?
Heart 1 Comment 0

We stopped for lunch in the tiny town of Waveland.  It's another decaying small town that was probably once a business and social center for the surrounding farms.  The Cozy Corner cafe served a great lunch and we were glad that we made the climb up a steep hill to get there.  Check the next entry for a picture of Viktoriya's dainty lunch!

Heart 1 Comment 0
It's hard to appreciate in this photo, but the hill into town is quite steep!
Heart 1 Comment 0

After lunch, it was only nine miles to Turkey Run State Park.  We're staying in the lodge which was originally built in 1919.  We're planning to do a little hiking in the park before we leave tomorrow.

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 55 miles (89 km)
Total: 315 miles (507 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0