Day 50 Ironwood, MI - Two Far 2018 - Trailing through the Rust Belt - CycleBlaze

July 5, 2018

Day 50 Ironwood, MI

Heart 0 Comment 0

We had a long ride today, but the weather was about as close to perfect as we've had so far - bright sunshine, 70's, and a tailwind!  Both teams agreed this way great cycling weather.

We encountered this twelve miles into the ride, but with no concerns at all.  

Heart 0 Comment 0

This is a detour we knew about ahead of time and didn't have to worry about the road surface or the length of the detour.  It was really a better route than our planned route.  The road was smooth and even though there was no shoulder, the traffic was light and the drivers were cyclist friendly.  

Heart 0 Comment 0

The scenery was beautiful.  We saw someone working a farm for the first time in recent days.

Heart 0 Comment 0

We had some really nice vistas of the Wisconsin north woods.

Heart 0 Comment 0

The detour brought us right to our planned stop at the Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center in Ashland.  It is an excellent museum with exhibits on the history of the region.  There was a .8 mile trail we walked. 

Heart 0 Comment 0

When we can to this obstacle on the trail, we didn't even have to lift a tandem bicycle over it!

Heart 0 Comment 0
Team A always enjoys walking
Heart 0 Comment 0

Not long before we got to Ironwood, we rode past the Corkscrew.  Looks like a place to savor some fine wines!

Heart 0 Comment 0

We entered Michigan right at the end of today's ride. We have officially reached the UP.

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 68 miles (109 km)
Total: 2,322 miles (3,737 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0