Day 47 Duluth - Two Far 2018 - Trailing through the Rust Belt - CycleBlaze

July 2, 2018

Day 47 Duluth

Heart 0 Comment 0

Sunshine!  We woke up to sunshine and had bright blue skies all day.  The temperature was perfect - both Team A and Team S were happy.

We rode on US 2 most of the day.  It continued to be a good road for cycling.

Heart 0 Comment 0

We took our first break at the Country Corner bar near Brookston, MN.  There  we met the owner, Randy and a regular customer, Bucky.  We had a wonderful time talking with them about a wide range of subjects.  

Heart 0 Comment 0
There was no shortage of opinions to share at the Country Corner
Heart 1 Comment 0

We crossed the St. Louis River on the way to Duluth.

Heart 1 Comment 0
There have been many of these wetland areas by the road the last few days.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This shooting range with all the porta-potties along the side made me wonder just how frightening it is to be inside the shooting range. Isn't there an expression about fear that applies here?
Heart 0 Comment 0

We're in Duluth now and will have a rest day tomorrow.  There is a lot to see here.  

Our hotel gave us free tickets for drinks at a bar/restaurant down the block.  Viktoriya couldn't decide of whether she wanted beer or wine and after a few changes of her order, the young waiter brought her both a Blue Moon and a glass of cabernet.  She really appreciated that and as we were leaving, she left the table to find him and tuck his tip where he would be sure to get it.

Today's ride: 46 miles (74 km)
Total: 2,208 miles (3,553 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0