Day 99 Apalachicola to Crawfordville - Two Far 2016 - Florida to Ontario: A Round Trip - CycleBlaze

September 7, 2016

Day 99 Apalachicola to Crawfordville

We had a very good ride today along the Gulf coast. The views were beautiful, the roads were smooth and the traffic was light. It was warm and sunny. The only less than ideal thing was a headwind all day, but our captains pushed right through that.

We left Apalachicola at 7:30AM. With our recent re-entry to Eastern Daylight Time, we found that it was just getting light enough to ride safely by that time. We've been used to full daylight before 7AM. It's a good excuse to sleep another half hour now!

We took a little ride through the town of Apalachicola, then took the bridge to Eastpoint. It is a long, very scenic bridge with a wide shoulder. Kerry even agreed to stop on the bridge for pictures.

Morning sun over Apalachicola Bay
Heart 0 Comment 0
Apalachicola
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

It was very pretty riding along the waterfront all day.

But we didn't see any bears
Heart 0 Comment 0
Gulf view
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

The last few miles we turned inland to the town of Crawfordville where we are spending the night. Our good friends from home, Jerry and Gail arranged to spend the night here at the same hotel. This is a really nice Best Western with a courtyard and gazebo perfect for spending an evening with friends.

Wakulla Inn gazebo
Heart 0 Comment 0
Wakulla Inn courtyard
Heart 0 Comment 0

They left home today for a month long road trip to California. They are cyclists too and Jerry brought us two tires so we would have a spare in case of another blow out. It is always good to have back up! We all went out for a barbeque dinner, then Gail provided dessert with her sour cream chocolate cake and chocolate ice cream. The six of us had a great evening together.

Jerry and Gail with Team A
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 59 miles (95 km)
Total: 4,770 miles (7,677 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0